|Title:||Systems Engineer/IT Support|
Located in Marietta, GA, Abacus Solutions is one of the fastest growing IT solutions and technology providers in the Southeast. Our growth is fueled by our focus on bringing together technology, services, and engineering expertise to simplify and improve the business operations of our clients. We specialize in Cloud Services and Virtualization, Networking and Security, Storage and Archiving, and Business Continuity. We combine our technology reach with a combination of professional services, design, maintenance, and managed services, to deliver impartial technology solutions for our diverse clients.
The System Engineer will manage internal environments and will include, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Functions
- Implement, manage, and maintain Windows-based infrastructure solutions, deployments, and upgrades. Troubleshoot technical issues across multiple data centers.
- Install, configure, administer, manage, and support (including, but not limited to) Office 365 applications, on premise Active Directory and Azure cloud instances, Group Policy, DHCP, FTP, SMTP, and DNS
- Office 365 and Web Server (IIS Administration) management
- Patch and manage VMware ESXi, Microsoft Server OS, backup and storage technologies
- Build physical and virtual servers and systems according to specifications within
- Work with internal and customer teams on project deployments and technical resolutions
- Participate in a team on-call rotation for technical infrastructure escalation and resolution
- Configure and manage virtualization technologies including VMware ESXi 7.0, 6.x, etc
- Understanding of system architecture: storage solutions, network topologies, security best practice, etc.
- Implement and manage vulnerability scanning, patching, and remediation solutions within an enterprise system
- Responsible for system backups, restore, recovery, DR and high availability strategies for the cloud and on-premise environments
- Must have a hands-on experience of system administration of Windows server-side infrastructure and associated technologies on physical and virtual servers
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks, and operating system
- Regular application installations, configurations, and day-to-day administration.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise. Staying familiar with new versions of applications and technology used in the environment
- A bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of managing, deploying and supporting Microsoft Active Directory environments, end user desktops, and related infrastructure
- MCSE, VCP, or related active certifications
- Strong knowledge of windows PowerShell/Azure CLI, system backups, restore, recovery, DR and high availability strategies for Microsoft environments
- Strong knowledge in enterprise patch management solutions and security framework
- Experience in data center infrastructure based operational tasks
- Experience in data management, backup and replication methodologies
- Experience in web-scale architecture, security and multi-tenancy designs for Managed Service Providers
- Keen understanding of orchestration and automation methodologies pertaining to the specific needs of service provider environments
- Passionate about providing high quality service while maintaining relentless customer satisfaction
- Promote a strong work ethic with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines
- Ability to maintain ownership & independence in a fast-paced high volume environment
- Ability to maintain a sense of professionalism & urgency in all customer communications
- Be a critical thinker with the ability to work through complex multi-faceted engineering goals
- Exceptional documentation & technical writing skills
- Gregarious, sociable, self-assured and self-confident
- Multiple and active IT/engineering certifications
- Networking experience with routers, switches and firewalls
- Knowledge of scripting such as: Powershell, PowerCLI, Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- Past MSP experience preferred
Abacus Solutions, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.