Abacus Solutions is a premier global provider of secondary market data center hardware and white-glove managed services, hosting, and support. With a multi-million-dollar inventory, state-of-the-art technical laboratory, and global logistics team, Abacus Solutions offers a flexible array of server, storage, and network solutions to quickly and reliably solve problems while maximizing IT spend.
We are seeking a Warehouse Technician who will work closely with the project teams and perform freight receiving, warehousing, distribution and administration services; coordinates document flow and facilitates communications with project stakeholders. The right candidate will be a go-getter who possesses intermediate technology knowledge.
Essential Job Functions
- Receive, inspect, and unload all items from delivery vehicles as needed by using forklift, pallet jack, or physical lifting while maintaining an expeditious receiving process.
- Check items delivered against delivery manifest by inspecting and counting goods received and by recording any discrepancies or damage to verify accuracy and condition of shipments.
- Ensure goods received are stored and organized in designated areas, allowing for speedy and efficient retrieval of items.
- Coordinate and/or load delivery trucks for disbursement of goods.
- Conduct periodic cycle counts and annual inventory by visual inspection and counting of items stored in warehouse to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Ensure the warehouse is accessible and safe at all times.
- Looking for potential career growth within IT field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Possesses basic hardware and software knowledge preferred
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks: familiarity with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, to acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database
- Must be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment
- Required to lift 50+ lbs
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility
- Work performed in a combination of warehouse environments.
- Ability to work 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM OR 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Friday
Abacus Solutions, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.
If you are unable to complete this application online, you may contact Human Resources by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 770-738-1101.
Please do not contact employer unless you are unable to apply online.