|Title:||Sr. Network Engineer Team Lead|
Located in Marietta, GA, Abacus Solutions is one of the fastest growing IT solutions and technology providers in the Southeast. Our growth is fueled by our focus on bringing together technology, services, and engineering expertise to simplify and improve the business operations of our clients. We specialize in cloud and professional services. We combine our technology reach with a combination of professional services, design, maintenance, and managed services, to deliver technology solutions for our diverse clients.
The Sr. Network Engineer Team Lead is a customer facing position responsible for leading a departmental team for the Abacus Solutions managed services and IaaS cloud network. The Network Engineer Team Lead will be extremely proficient at leading a diverse team of network engineering resources. The Network Engineer Team Lead will also be competent in maintaining and implementing large enterprise networks troubleshooting, design, implementation, and operation.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead network engineering team responsible for supporting cloud network and underlying architecture to maintain highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Coordinating network team resources for project delivery in consultation with various project managers
- Recommend and guide network engineering team towards maintain relevant industry certifications and various other certifications as deemed appropriate
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, or engineering staff to determine customer needs and/or internal needs and design relevant solutions to accomplish stated requirements
- Thought leadership around network security, network design solutions, and various customer design scenarios
- Planning, designing, implementing, and supporting customer LAN/WAN and security platforms
- Provide support for Abacus Solutions internal IT network and systems as needed
- Draft and maintain up to date network documentation and network diagrams using Microsoft Visio
- Provide Tier III support for Tier II support requests to drive resolution and customer satisfaction
- Lead, coordinate, and manage services support, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades
- Ability to participate in after-hours escalations and 24x7 on call as needed
- Maintain and operate network monitoring platforms
- Responsible for providing complete front-to-end engineering and installation of Cisco, Fortinet, etc. router-based IP network solutions.
- Provides input on SLA definition and suggestions for improvement.
- Adhere to company and IT policies
- 5 or more years of experience in leading network engineering teams across broad disciplines including telecommunications-grade networks, connectivity services, or other core infrastructure roles
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect. Strong customer facing, communication and presentation skills
- Minimum 8 years network engineering work experience
- Design, configuration and implementation support experience
- Minimum CCNP routing and switching (not expired) or CCNP data center current (not expired) Cisco certifications
- In-depth knowledge of Fortinet, Cisco ASA, ISE, Nexus, Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS-XE, Cisco IOS, VMware platforms and their operating systems
- Strong IPv4 and IPv6 experience. Experience working with Routing, Switching and Load Balancing
- Strong understanding and experience with dynamic routing protocols such as BGP (eBGP and iBGP) and OSPF
- Strong understanding and experience with STP, VLANs, Multicast, VoIP, SVIs, VRF-lite, NAT, and ACLs
- Experience using Microsoft Visio to generate logical and physical diagrams
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or 12 years of related work experience.
- CCIE in routing/switching, data center or equivalent.
- Software defined networking experience.
- Experience with VXLAN or other alternative scalable data center network technologies.
- Past Managed Service Provider/Cloud Provider experience preferred
Abacus Solutions, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.