|Title:||Operations Technician 1|
Located in Marietta, GA, Abacus Solutions is one of the fastest growing IT solutions and technology providers in the Southeast. Our growth is fueled by our focus on bringing together technology, services, and engineering expertise to simplify and improve the business operations of our clients. We specialize in cloud and professional services. We combine our technology reach with a combination of professional services, design, maintenance, and managed services, to deliver technology solutions for our diverse clients.
The Operations Technician 1 performs technical analysis of system performance, analyzes alerts/monitors, and documented issues as they occur across Abacus Solutions’ managed services business and PaaS IBMi cloud environment. The Operations Technician 1 is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies to resolve incidences or, depending upon complexity, escalates the issue to higher-level systems and network engineers. The Operations Technician 1 must maintain current and thorough knowledge of customer environments with a keen focus on their significance to customer operations. This individual must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in a rotating shift environment with critical uptime requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Recognize, identify, prioritize and track incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier1 incidents using documented procedures and research capabilities
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures
- Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams
- Track and update incidents using Abacus’ ticketing system (ASC) in a clear and efficient manner according to SLA requirements
- Provide escalation status notification throughout the enterprise on service impacting events
- Create incident reports for internal and external communication and provide status updates in accordance with established SLA guidelines
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages
- Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status
- Work with internal technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles
- Perform daily checklists (SOP), health checks and walkthroughs
- Assist with daily operational tasks
- Support multiple technical teams in various assigned shifts
- Pursuing a degree in computer science, systems analysis, a related study or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to problem solve through analysis and on-going feedback
- Ability to assess and prioritize incidents and respond or escalate accordingly
- Must be able to perform at a high level both individually and within a team
- Documentation skills, including all aspects of trouble-ticketing (including Incident, Request and Change types of tickets) and managing SharePoint and Abacus shared-drive postings
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study
- 2 years of experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment
- Broad experience using a variety of monitoring and ticket management tools
- Experience utilizing tools to monitor network uptime & availability.
- Experience in incident management
- Experience with iSeries, AS/400, IBMi platforms and/or x86, Virtual Machines, ESXi a plus
Abacus Solutions, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.