The Managed Services Network Security Engineer (MS/NSE) is responsible for supporting customers on the Abacus Solutions’ Platform-as-a-Service hybrid cloud as well as supporting our internal IT networks and systems. The MS/NSE should be proficient at small, medium and large business network design and implementation. This position requires collaborating directly with team members and customers in network design in order to maintain secure LAN and WAN networks. The MS/NSE must be proficient at IP routing, NAT, layer 2 switching, stateful firewall, IPSec VPNs, SSLVPNs, and general security design and implementation. A high proficiency in troubleshooting network issues is a must.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, implement, and administer Abacus’ secure network architecture for cloud solution delivery.
- Provide security consultation and guidance in accordance with Abacus’ information security program
- Implementing, managing, and troubleshooting Fortigate/ASA firewalls, IPS, routers, and switches
- Planning, designing, implementing and supporting customer LAN, WAN and security platforms.
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, or engineering staff to determine customer needs and/or internal needs.
- Performing incident management and response activities to resolve assigned tickets to customer satisfaction. As required, assist in triage, response/mitigation, and post mortem analyses.
- Required to participate in after-hours escalations and 24x7 on call support as needed.
- Monitors and tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to network configuration
- Conducts research on network security products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of industry developments
- Participates in security and compliance audits
- Provide support for Hybrid Cloud network, systems and systems monitoring as needed.
- Provide support for and maintain Solarwinds Orion network monitoring nodes.
- Provide support for Abacus Solutions internal IT network and systems.
- Ability to travel to colocation data centers to support the hybrid cloud environment
- Minimum 3-5 years of network operations or network engineering experience.
- Cisco CCNA in Route/Switch, Security or Data Center and/or CCDA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related experience
- Strong hands on experience with firewall administration including experience with Fortinet/Palo Alto/ASA/etc. firewall technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Fortinet, Cisco ASA, Cisco Nexus, Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS-XE, Cisco IOS, DNS, PKI, and VMWare
- Understanding of wide area network concepts such as site-to-site/policy-based/route-based IPSec VPNs, MPLS, VPLS, and data center interconnect technologies.
- Extensive experience with Multi-Protocol BGP.
- Strong understanding of VDOM architecture in Fortinet firewalls.
- Unterstanding of the following technologies: STP, VLANs, SVIs, VRF-lite, NAT, ACLs, DHCP, DNS, Virtualization
- Understanding of packet-level performance and application troubleshooting with tools such as Wireshark.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Microsoft Visio – Logical and Physical diagrams
- Understanding of data center networking technologies
- Understanding of network underlay and overlay technologies
- Understanding of and application of network monitoring and experience with monitoring platforms such as Solarwinds and WhatsUp Gold
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Preferred certifications include: Cisco CCNP/CCDP in Route-Switch, Security or Data Center, CISSP, FCNSA.
- Cloud services experience with public cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Past Managed Service Provider experience
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Company.
Abacus Solutions, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.