Solutions Engineer, iSeries Operations
|Title:||Solutions Engineer, iSeries Operations|
Abacus Solutions is a premier IT partner specializing in IT Solutions, managed services, and the procurement of IT equipment, both new and used. With our warehouse, technical team, and partnerships, we offer brand-agnostic solutions for IT departments. Our core competencies are in the areas of enterprise storage; comprehensive network solutions; business continuity; and procurement of new and refurbished servers, storage and networking gear.
This position involves the day-to-day management of iSeries hardware / software footprint, implementation of specialized software and customer solutions, system integrations/transitions, troubleshooting customer environments, and reviewing/recommending systems designs and implementations for both pre-sales and post-sales deployment of customers hosted and disaster recovery systems with in a multi-tenant/Managed Service provider environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Architecture and implementation of iSeries management and monitoring platforms
- Understanding of VIO server management and implementation
- Knowledge of LPAR virtualization
- Provisioning and management of external storage
- Understanding of Power Technology and Platform Design
- System I implementation and migration
- PTF update experience
- Implementation and design of disaster recovery / high availability strategies for iSeries experience (QEDD, iTera , Mimix)
- Administration of environment components including security controls, TCP/IP, BRMS, Job control, performance and capacity planning, system updates, and license management
- Operation of tape management solutions, including physical and virtual tape libraries
- Understanding of job flow and application programing concepts
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of iSeries Managed Services & Support for process, procedural, and ITSM functions
- Develop operational processes and documentation for day-to-day iSeries tasks
- Develop processes and documentation regarding setup and failover for iSeries customers
- Other tasks as requested
- Work Distribution and Delegation
- Incidents, Service Requests, and Projects
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of iSeries Managed Services & Support on assigned tasks and projects
- Work closely with assigned project manager to schedule project work while maintaining customer support as the top priority
- Accountable for updates & communications
- Daily Ticket Calls
- Project Calls/Meetings
- Internal Updates/Team meetings
- Weekly reports to the Sr. Manger of iSeries Managed Services & Support on outstanding issues, concerns, successes
- Technology Governance
- Guidance/Accountability to ensure adherence to Managed Services & Support standards, processes, procedures, internal and SOC II security controls as defined
- Responsible for vetting changes prior to submission and consideration into the Change Management process
- Represent your team (technology area) in strategy/roadmap/direction/etc. discussions to your peers (other leads) and Management
- Purchase Requests & Justifications — new platforms, HW, SW, Licensing increases, etc.
- Capacity Management, Planning, Analysis and Reporting across the Multi-Tenant Managed Services & Support Power Platform footprint
- 10 + years of technology experience with iSeries administration
- Strong understanding of ITIL and ITSM methodologies and processes
- Ability to work in a fast passed, dynamic environment
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills desired
- Understanding of Data Center Operations, and Infrastructure Design desired
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Abacus Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abacus Solutions, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.
If you are unable to complete this application online, you may contact Human Resources by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 770-738-1101.
Please do not contact employer unless you are unable to apply online.