Abacus Solutions is a premier IT partner specializing in IT Solutions, managed services, and the procurement of IT equipment, both new and used. With our warehouse, technical team, and partnerships, we offer brand-agnostic solutions for IT departments. Our core competencies are in the areas of enterprise storage; comprehensive network solutions; business continuity; and procurement of new and refurbished servers, storage and networking gear.
The Help Desk Technician performs technical analysis of system issues and outages as they occur across Abacus Solutions’ managed services business and PaaS cloud network. The Help Desk Technician is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies to resolve incidences or, depending upon complexity, escalates the issue to higher-level systems and network engineers. The Help Desk Technician must maintain current and thorough knowledge of customer environments with a keen focus on their significance to customer operations. This individual must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in a rotating shift environment with critical uptime requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier1 incidents using documented procedures and research capabilities
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures
- Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams
- Track and update incidents using Abacus’ ticketing system (ASC) in a clear and efficient manner
- Provide escalation status notification throughout the enterprise on service impacting events
- Create incident reports for internal and external communication
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages
- Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status
- Work with internal technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles
- Perform daily checklists (SOP), health checks and walkthroughs
- Assist with daily operational tasks
- Support multiple technical teams in various assigned shifts
- Pursuing a degree in computer science, systems analysis, a related study or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to problem solve through analysis and on-going feedback
- Ability to assess and prioritize incidents and respond or escalate accordingly
- Must be able to perform at a high level both individually and within a team
- Documentation skills, including all aspects of trouble-ticketing (including Incident, Request and Change types of tickets) and managing SharePoint and Abacus shared-drive postings
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study
- 2 years of experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment
- Broad experience using a variety of monitoring and ticket management tools
- Experience utilizing tools to monitor network uptime & availability.
- Experience in incident management
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Company.
Abacus Solutions, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.