A MS Senior Network Engineer is responsible for leading a departmental team and supporting other departments/customers for the Abacus Solutions managed services business and IaaS cloud network. A MS Senior Network Engineer will be extremely proficient at small, medium, and large enterprise network troubleshooting, design, implementation, and operation. Ability to move along and keep up with a high-speed work environment is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support for cloud network, systems, and systems monitoring as needed.
- Provide support for Abacus Solutions internal IT network and systems if needed.
- Planning, designing, implementing, and supporting customer LAN/WAN and security platforms.
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, or engineering staff to determine customer needs and/or internal needs.
- Design, build, or operate equipment configurations, including network hardware, software, servers, or server operating systems.
- Draft and maintain up to date network documentation and network diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Answer assigned tickets to drive resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Participate and/or coordinate in managed services support, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Maintain and draft scripted network configurations for acceleration of changes and new customer onboarding.
- Assists the Managed Services Team as directed by support business managers and program manager.
- Direct and delegate work to junior level engineers as needed.
- Ability to participate in after-hours escalations and 24x7 on call as needed.
- Maintain and operate network monitoring platforms.
- Ability to transport hardware to colocation data centers to support the cloud environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related experience.
- Minimum 7 years Network Engineering work experience.
- Minimum CCNP routing and switching current (not expired) or CCNP data center current (not expired) Cisco certifications.
- In-depth and low-level knowledge of Fortinet, Cisco ASA, Cisco Nexus, Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS-XE, Cisco IOS, VMWare platforms and their operating systems.
- Experience dealing with ARIN and other RIRs.
- Strong IPv4 and IPv6 experience.
- Strong experience with Cisco ACS or ISE using RADIUS or TACACS+ (or Microsoft NPS).
- Strong network and server based troubleshooting skills.
- Strong understanding and experience with site to site policy based and route based IPSec VPN, native MPLS, VPLS, SD-WAN, and other data center interconnect underlay/overlay technologies.
- Strong understanding and experience with dynamic routing protocols such as BGP (eBGP and iBGP) and OSPF.
- Strong understanding and experience with STP, VLANs, Multicast, VoIP, SVIs, VRF-lite, NAT, ACLs, DHCP, DNS, Email delivery with SMTP, PKI, Active Directory.
- Strong understanding and experience with packet-level performance and application troubleshooting with tools such as Wireshark.
- Strong understanding and experience with LAN and WAN QoS.
- Strong and ongoing knowledge of ever changing hardware/software/technology trends and architectures.
- Experience using Microsoft Visio to generate logical and physical diagrams.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Customer Service Experience and positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- CCIE routing and switching or equivalent.
- Software defined networking experience.
- Experience with VXLAN or other alternative scalable data center network technologies.
- Cloud Services experience with public cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Past Managed Service Provider experience preferred
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Company.
Abacus Solutions, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.