Abacus' business model is straightforward: to simplify the clients' IT Infrastructure needs with solutions that are pragmatic, ready to implement, and extremely cost effective. In summary, Abacus Solutions represents a comprehensive portfolio of new and refurbished Server, Storage, and networking technologies from leading vendors such as IBM, Sun, HP, NetApp, ADIC, Symantec, Hitachi, EMC, Cisco, and others.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform shipping and receiving duties, i.e. receive all incoming materials and ship all orders in a timely manner;
- Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base;
- Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions;
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor;
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Looking for potential career growth within IT field
- Currently working on a degree in an IT related field preferred
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks: be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, to acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database
- Must be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility
- Work performed in a combination of warehouse environments.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Company.
Abacus Solutions, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.
If you are unable to complete this application online, you may contact Human Resources by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 770-738-1101.
Please do not contact employer unless you are unable to apply online.