Abacus' business model is straightforward: to simplify the clients' IT Infrastructure needs with solutions that are pragmatic, ready to implement, and extremely cost effective. In summary, Abacus Solutions represents a comprehensive portfolio of new and refurbished Server, Storage, and networking technologies from leading vendors such as IBM, Sun, HP, NetApp, ADIC, Symantec, Hitachi, EMC, Cisco, and others.
This position is multifunctional. The right candidate will be willing to interact and work in several areas of the warehouse, including but not limited to shipping and receiving. The right candidate will also be a go-getter who wants to learn more about multiple technology products.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in hardware.
- Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions;
- Inspect boxes and hardware upon receipt and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor;
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Sort and place hardware on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- Ensure the warehouse is accessible and safe at all times.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Company.
- Looking for potential career growth within IT field
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks: be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, to acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database
- Must be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility
- Work performed in a combination of warehouse environments.
- Ability to work 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM OR 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Friday
Abacus Solutions, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.
If you are unable to complete this application online, you may contact Human Resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 770-738-1101.
Please do not contact employer unless you are unable to apply online.